WHAT'S rent a ticket?
Rent a Ticket is an exclusive Flight Ticket Rental Service. We provide you with international flight tickets (travel itineraries) with your name on them to use as proof of onward travel plans when you travel abroad.
Why? Because in many countries around the world, you will not be allowed to enter as a tourist without proof of onward travel. Put simply, if you have a one-way ticket and no proof of future plans, you can be refused entry. Our service gives you proof of onward travel, without the hassle of paying for expensive airfares upfront. You simply “rent” the ticket for a small fee.
This website is developed and operated by a digital nomad who has been traveling around the world for years. He has experienced the hassle of onward ticket rules and wasting money on tickets that you never actually use. Fly Onward’s ticket service is provided by an air travel agency who is legally allowed to purchase refundable tickets on behalf of their customers, and to cancel the ticket purchase after a maximum period of 48 hours. Contact us for a quote if you need a ticket that lasts more than 48 hours.
WHY SHOULD I USE THIS SERVICE? / BECAUSE YOU'RE A SMART TRAVELER AND LOVE TRAVEL HACKS.
If you’re about to fly into a country with a tourist visa, but you’re not sure how long you want to stay for or where your next destination will be, you should consider using our ticket rental service. Here’s why: without evidence of an onward flight, you could be suspected of planning to overstay your visa. Obviously you’re not going to do that! However, without the onward ticket as proof, you could be denied permission to board your flight or cross the country’s border. Many people in this situation have no choice but to book expensive onward flights to places they didn’t plan on going, at prices they didn’t want to pay, just to show they plan on leaving the country before their visa expires.
HOW DOES IT WORK? / LIKE A CHARM!
By booking an onward ticket, you need to provide us with your title, full name, date of your desired onward flight, and of course your departure country. The arrival country is optional; leave it blank and we’ll select a random one for you (recommended).
After an order is made, our staff will process the booking with your provided information. An email with your e-ticket (a PDF file) will be sent to you immediately from the airline (not from us). You can print out this ticket. The ticket will come with a “Confirmed” status which means has been paid in full. After that, you can go to the website of the airline, select “Manage My Booking” menu, input your name and booking reference code to see details of your ticket. Sounds great, right? These tickets are the real deal.
Depending on your booking option, the ticket will last for exactly 24 hours or 48 hours, so all you need to do is make sure you’re arriving at your destination within 24 hours or 48 hours of booking your onward flight with us. The ticket will be automatically canceled after that period. Contact us for a quote if you need a ticket that lasts more than 48 hours.
IS IT SAFE AND LEGAL? / YES, WE GUARANTEE IT.
The tickets are legitimate. They are booked and paid for by us. Therefore, you can legally use them as proof of your onward ticket. We don’t allow you to book a flight that departs very soon after your arrival, which means that there is plenty of time for the ticket purchase to be cancelled and you will never need to actually use the ticket.
We do all the hard work for you! This means we automatically cancel the tickets 24 hours or 48 hours (depending on your booking option) after they are purchased, leaving you free to enjoy your trip.
HOW DOES IT WORK? / LIKE A CHARM!
FAQ / find your answers
Can I have a refund?
Read our refund policy to see if you are eligible to request a refund. If you are, contact us for that.
My name doesn’t look correct. Why?
Please be advised that some airlines display names on tickets with this format: FirstNameMiddleNameTitle [space] LastName. For example, if your name is "Mr John William Smith", it may display as "JohnWilliamMr Smith", and it's totally legitimate.
I’ve made a booking, can I request a name change?
No. If your booking has been processed and ticket has been sent to you, you cannot request for a name change. Make sure you type your name correctly when booking.
Why don’t you use the arrival country I request?
Sometimes, we are unable to find an available flight with the route you request with our airlines, or the ticket is too expensive for us to pay for, we will then have to change the destination of your ticket. For example, if you request a ticket from Indonesia to France and our airlines don't operate that route, we will book a ticket from Indonesia to Thailand for you instead, and it still gives you a valid proof of onward travel. Please contact us in advance if the destination of your ticket has to be correct.
Can I have it last more than 48 hours?
If you want your ticket to last more than 48 hours, please contact us for a quote and see if it's possible. We are able make it last as long as until 1 day before the departure date (on your onward ticket) on some routes & airlines. For example, if you've booked an onward ticket for August 19, 2016, we can make it last until August 18, 2016.
How can I know my ticket is valid?
There are some factors that can say your ticket is valid:
- Ticket is sent or forwarded by the airline.
- Ticket is manageable on the website of the airline and shows paid/confirmed status. After you have received your ticket, go to the airline's website, select booking management tool which usually reads as "Manage My Booking", "My Trip", "My Booking", etc... and use your booking code & your last name to login.
Where did you send my ticket to?
We don't require you to input an email address when you make a booking, we collect it automatically from your Paypal transaction. Therefore, all the emails from FlyOnward for your booking are sent to that email address.
How long does it take to receive my ticket?
Booking process is done manually by our ticket staff. After you make a booking, your order will be put into a sequence to be processed. Normally it would take as long as two hours and as fast as five minutes if your booking is made within our ticket office hours (8AM to 9PM UTC+7). Our ticket office is open everyday. We have the service available 24/7 for bookings made with ReceiveLater option selected.
Is this website secure?
Yes, http://rentaticket.com is secure. It runs on a HTTPS protocol, with an SSL certificate verified by Comodo. You can test and see the certificate at https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html?hostname=flyonward.com That means, all the data comes from, and goes to http://rentaticket.com is encrypted. This website uses Paypal to process payments, and the website of https://paypal.com is secure too.
What are 24 hour tickets and 48 hour tickets?
A 24 hour ticket means the rental time of the ticket is 24 hours. A 48 hour ticket means the rental time of the ticket is 48 hours. After the ticket is booked and sent to you, you will have 24 or 48 hours to use it. If you book a 24 hour ticket, we will cancel it after 24 hours. If it's a 48 hour ticket, we will do that after 48 hours. Once the ticket is canceled, it will no longer be a valid ticket. So make sure to select an appropriate rental booking option which will be sufficient to make it valid at the both checkpoints (one checkpoint at the check-in counter of your departure airport, and one checkpoint at the immigration of your arrival airport).
Why should not purchase a refundable ticket?
Purchasing refundable tickets to use as "temporary" onward tickets used to be a well known trick of travelers, but why shouldn't you do that anymore? Here are some reasons:
- It's time consuming to find a refundable ticket.
- You have to pay off a large amount of money for the ticket and that money will be held until it's completely refunded.
- It's NEVER free. When you pay for the ticket, the payment gateway that the airline/agency uses will charge either you or the airline/agency a fee for the transaction. If it charges you, you will lose some money instantly. If it charges the airline/agency, they will deduct that fee to the amount you paid before sending the refund to you. Plus, when a refund is made, another transaction fee is added. Yet, your bank charges too. They also charge for transaction fees, and if you didn't pay for the ticket in your currency, they will charge an extra fee for the currency conversation at an unfair exchange rate.
- It's risky. If you don't remember to cancel, you can't contact to cancel, or you are on a long haul flight and cannot cancel your ticket before the 24 hour period ends, you will lose the money you paid for that ticket.
- It's yet again time consuming to cancel the ticket and wait for the refund. It could take months for a refund to be issued.
Apparently, it gives you more hassles but still costs you. FlyOnward is made to help you save your money, your time, and to free all the hassles, all the risks, to let you enjoy your trip.
When is an onward ticket required?
An onward ticket can be required, based on the countries' entry requirements (which may or may not include the onward ticket). Many countries insist a flight ticket be held out from their country, which must be presented upon arrival at immigration. They set this requirement, so that if travelers run out of money, the country is certain that the traveler will depart. In the past, travelers would remain in a country supporting themselves by illicit employment. Without an onward ticket, a traveler may be refused entry to these countries and subsequently placed on the next plane for the destination from where he arrived. Source: Wikipedia
What is an onward ticket?
An onward ticket is a proof of a booked train or airline ticket originating from the country about to be entered. An onward ticket reflects any of these:
- a round-trip airline ticket
- an airline or train ticket from one country to another
- a one-way airline ticket to a country with an onward ticket requirement as a stop-over
What if I don’t have a Paypal account to pay?
This website uses Paypal to process payments. In case you don't have a Paypal account, you can use your credit/debit card to pay without the need of opening an account, as Paypal allows that. Under Paypal login form in payment page, select "Pay with a credit or debit card".
Why should not fake an onward ticket?
With software like Photoshop, you can easily fake an onward ticket from a template, but we NEVER recommend you to do that. Why? Because we, and a lot of other travelers, have tested and figured out that they can check and do check the validation of your onward ticket easily. Airlines and immigration have software to check if a ticket is valid or not by using passenger's name and booking code. You actually can check it yourself with the Manage My Booking page of every airline's website. What if you get caught using a fake ticket? You will be either forced to buy a ticket on the spot, or denied to board your flight, or deported. It's totally not worth the risk.
When should I book my ticket?
- Your rental time will start as soon as you receive your ticket, and end after that 24 or 48 hours depending on your selected rental option. Therefore, you should consider to not book it too early to not have your ticket expired before you actually need to use it.
- It usually takes us from 5 minutes to 3 hours to deliver a ticket, therefore, you should not book your ticket too late. Don't wait until you're asked to show an onward ticket to book it. Always have it booked and delivered before you leave for the airport.
- We process bookings in our normal office hours from 8AM - 9PM GMT+7. Therefore, you should make your booking within our office hours to avoid delays.
- If it's too difficult for you to decide when to book it, you should make your booking NOW and select the option "I want to receive my ticket later. (No delays, served 24/7)". It will allow you to set up a schedule for us to deliver the ticket to you and start the rent at any time of your choice.
CONTACT US / Help Centre
rent a ticket
THE BEST TRAVEL HACK FOR DIGITAL NOMADS AND PERPETUAL TRAVELERS
© 2017 RENT A TICKET.
MEET RENT A TICKET